DEMENTIA FRIENDLY FORT WORTH
Leading the Charge to Create Dementia Friendly Communities across Tarrant County
Our Mission Statement
Dementia Friendly Fort Worth is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organized to educate people in all sectors of the community about dementia, assist them in becoming dementia friendly, and to support and care for those living with dementia and their care partners.
The program offers:
- Education opportunities for all persons to increase awareness and understanding of dementia
- Help in the development of better services for persons living with dementia and their care partners
- Guidance to all sectors of the community to become dementia friendly in their day to day interactions with persons with dementia
- Encouragement and support practices and opportunities that enrich the lives of persons living with dementia and their care partners
What We Do
- Offer education sessions and workshops for the public, healthcare professionals, and care partners.
- Provide information and referrals to community services available for care partners and persons living with dementia
- Provide the Dementia LIve® simulation experience for the community
- Work with the AARP Age Friendly Fort Worth initiative and other community groups to enhance the lives of persons living with dementia and their care partners
Become a Dementia Friend
How Are We Funded?
Dementia Friendly Fort Worth is funded by generous donations from individuals, companies, organizations, and foundations that have a desire to make a difference in the lives of those living with dementia and their care partners
Why Be a Dementia Friendly City?
Our Organization Partners and Funding Sponsors
You know, people get frustrated because their loved ones who have Alzheimer’s, oh, he doesn’t recognize me anymore, how can I recognize this person, if they don’t recognize me? They’re not the same person.
Well, they are the same person, but they’ve got a brain disease. And it’s not their fault they’ve got this disease.
~ Ronald Reagan